Friday Favorites 12.12.14



Happy Friday, readers!

Hope your December has been going swell! The temperature finally dropped below 50 for a steady week of breezy night chills. Nothing says holiday season like bundling and cuddling up for me. Check out some other things that made me smile this week:

FAVORITE PHOTO:
Wish I was here.





FAVORITE HOLIDAY TWIST:
Why not have a pretty succulent Christmas Tree?



FAVORITE IDEA:
The Monkey's Paw in Toronto, ON, is a refuge for things old and unusual. The Biblio-Mat was created to repurpose all the salvaged books.  According to their website, this coin operated vending machine dispenses randomly selected old books for just $2.



FAVORITE WTF:
Beard baubles are a thing. They are such a popular thing that the website is sold out of 'em. I can't tell whether I really like this festive silliness because I've rolled my eyes so much at them. Then again, I hate them so much I might be in love with them...?


FAVORITE STORY:
Andy Baio, father of the year, decided to introduce video games to his son in chronological order from the very beginning of video game history. Baio's story, "Playing With My Son - An experiment in forced nostalgia and questionable parenting," is a charming account of father-son bonding time interspersed with tweets of reflection.